Transportation will be provided from the Convention Center.
Thursday, Nov. 21 at 9:15-11:30 pm
The Liacouras Center, Temple University
We are thrilled to announce that Bon Jovi will help ring in Greenbuild 2013 in Philadelphia at this year’s Greenbuild Celebration!
Bon Jovi are rock ‘n’ roll icons having created a massive catalog of hit songs, sold more than 130 million albums, performed almost 3,000 concerts in 50 countries before more than 35 million fans worldwide. Their latest album, What About Now, was released in March 2013 and the band’s “Because We Can – The Tour” which kicked off in the U.S. in February will have traveled throughout North America, South Africa, Europe, South America, Japan, and Australia before it wraps this winter.
We are extremely proud to welcome them to Greenbuild as we stand up (and get loud!) for the environment and the mission of green building.
Jon Bon Jovi is a proponent of green initiatives through the work of the Jon Bon Jovi Soul Foundation. Among the non-profit’s projects is the HELP Genesis JBJ Soul Homes in Newark, NJ. The groundbreaking “green” construction was developed through a public-private partnership and features 51 new units of affordable housing with support services for low-income and special-needs persons and a community center. The design includes environmentally “green” features such as a green roof and other components of New Jersey's Green Future program. The building is also LEED certified and meets New Jersey’s “Green Future” standards.
Shuttle for Greenbuild CelebrationShuttles will load and depart from the 13th Street loading area at the Center. Buses will be staged for check-in on 12th Street and go over to 13th for loading as needed.Thursday, November 21, 2013
- 5:00 pm – begin departures from the Center for Temple – Liacouras Center
- 5:30 pm – Officially doors open at Temple
- 6:30 pm – Event officially begins
- Buses will continue to shuttle from the Center to Temple until 8:00 pm
- At 8:00 pm – buses will shuttle from Temple to hotel routes including a route to the Center which is for all hotels that are walkable to the Center
- 12:00 am – last pickup at Temple for the evening for final return to hotels and Center
- Drop-off location at Temple is Southbound on Broad Street